h3
Image Map

Sunday, October 30, 2011

Celebrate Good Times, Come On!

So, it's been a busy month... I love October - it passes with turbo-speed, staff and students are fully into the school year, and our plates are fuller than Thanksgiving! However, I have come to realize that my "when the going gets busy, everyone is excited" philosophy isn't fully embraced by everyone! :) In fact, October also begins a time where we need to remember to build and maintain staff morale. Prior to the year started, I came up with this monthly list of fun calendar dates to celebrate, then the admin team and I chose one to highlight each week. Note: I copied and pasted. This wasn't a hard research project, so I can't take credit (nor responsibility if some are inappropriate!).
Also, it is in column format, so if you are looking for a fun event to celebrate, print it out and read top to bottom. Ideas for items: PTO/PTA (of course!); different grade levels or departments undertake them; specific parent groups (grade levels, for examle); donations from nearby companies.
Enjoy and use as needed! print file here: Celebration File

No comments:

Post a Comment